Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baking, Spindles and thumb!



Hubby by trade is a baker and does not often bake at home, but this week he baked some Soda Bread and some Beer Bread, and they tasted delicious! Exceedingly better than shop made! He's hoping to make some drop scones tomorrow. Home baking aromas are lovely!

I was delighted that my top whorl 'learn to spin kit' arrived so fast! I also ordered a back issue of Spin Off magazine which front cover showed top and bottom whorl spindles - I've yet to read it, I'm interested what the differences are?
Also today in the post came a book I ordered titled, 'Spinning in the Old Way' by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts.

Today I had a bit of an accident with a sharp knife and some lettuce - so instead of knitting or spinning as I'd planned, I will be reading instead! (Note to self: Remember to use chopping board next time!)

No comments: