Wednesday, January 6, 2010

From my little room..


From the top of the house/ rear and then front (road)

Getting ready to knit



Snow dusted Fir Tree back garden

View from my bed - brrr....
As you may know, having just had an op - I'm here in the little box bedroom recovering and keeping away from family cold germs and the risk of accidental bumps on the nose!

Last night boredom was beginning to take hold, as I struggled to get comfy in this different and single bed, having to sleep propped up for yet another night, and the itchiness of the stitches driving me bonkers! The anaesthetic has obviously worn off completely by now, and easing up on the painkillers combination left me achy and a tad ratty!
I haven't been able to knit, as it's a bit awkward and puts uncomfortable pressure over my nose :( so instead I listened to an audio book of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee - At Knits End which made me smile and lifted my spirits.

Dozing and then waking up to snow and ice was a bit of excitement, along with a feeling of relief that I wouldn't have to go out in it, or that I managed to get my op done and out the way before this snowy weather returned! Felt concern for our family members that had to travel to work in this weather, which as I speak is getting progressively worse.

I thought I'd take the chance to take some photos from our windows - they're a little fuzzy, but a little glimpse of the wintry scene before me.

I've found the red yarn and Zoe Mellor book that I want to use patterns from to make our granddaughters winter set and updated my Ravelry log with some details.

I think a nice warming cup of tea will help me to get started on this cold winters morning.

Cheers!


2 comments:

Cinders said...

Hope your nose is healing nicely. I was reading your account of your experiences with the anaesthetic. I felt exactly the same when I had my lumectomy in November. I slept for a wek afterwards. great stuff they give you!!

Purplegem said...

Thank you Cinders - touch wood, I'm improving nicely. x